I finally finished a sewing project that has nothing to do with the Civil War! 🙂
I just don’t feel that the picture does the skirt justice, but it does show the pattern of the fabric well. The skirt hits just at my knees, and is a full circle – so it really twirls when I spin. It was rather easy, and after some hints from Mom about the waste band, it went together very easily.
I also managed to get ALL SEVEN panels sewn together and hemmed for the skirt portion of my Victorian Half-Mourning dress. It’s about 5 yards in length across; yes … I know – that is a lot of fabric. But it is also going over a hoop, so that must be taken into account. I plan on adding some velvet ribbon for trim at the bottom before fitting it at the waste, but that must be done by hand. I’m not looking forward to it at all, but the end result will be stunning!