I just finished up a couple of really cute hats for my co-worker’s (Misty) kids. I delivered them yesterday so that I could get some pictures.
- Project : Big Green Hat
- Knitted For : Gauge
- Pattern: Big Funky Hat by Laurie Lee
- Yarn : Cascade 220 Heathers
I think this one came out really great. He put it on and said it was like the hat in Harry Potter (Prisoner of Azkhaban – when Harry has on his invisibility cloak, and sneaks up on Draco and his cronies while they are picking on Ron and Herminoe. Safe to say, this kid was impressed that I knew that!)
Next up, we’ve got a cutie!
- Project: Ponytail Jr.
- Knitted for: Dawn
- Pattern: Hannah by Blake Ehrlich
- Yarn : Cascade Pastaza
She really loved her hat. What you can’t see are the bright yellow buttons I used. She put the hat on, then put it on her plush cat. Like I said … totally cute.
I was about to finish Zodiac, when I just became disgusted. I was not happy with the straps at the top. Not to mention I put the button placket on the wrong side. So, using my sewing skills, I’m going to make a top part for it out of some cute cotton fabric and see what we get. But for now, I’ve put it aside.
My big dilemma now is … what to knit next??? I really need another pair of fingerless gloves, as mine need to be washed badly. I also want to get John’s socks started, but I know I’ll be starting my February sock club socks soon. I also need to get some work done on my sweater too. I think I’ll work on the sweater tonight though, while watching my current movie obsession … PLANET OF THE APES!!!!
FX movie channel had all five movies on the other night (Planet of the Apes, Beneath Planet of the Apes, Escape From Planet of the Apes, Conquest of The Planet of the Apes, and Battle For the Planet of the Apes.) Good stuff, I’m telling you. I Netflixed the newer version of Planet of the Apes (with Mark Wahlberg, from 2001), and may watch that tonight while I work on my sweater.
And now … I leave you with my Friday Fill In. Have a great weekend, everyone!
Friday Fill-In #109
1. I’d really like to take a long nap right now.
2. Son of a bitch! is the word you’d most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is a form of weakness, when taken to the extreme.
4. My nurse, Jan, has a thing for Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like bees and honey.
6. The beat goes on, and on and on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to having a few beers and watching a movie with my husband, tomorrow my plans include working and Sunday, I want to go to a local beer tasting, but I have to work!
Read Full Post »