I’m so excited that SP 12 is starting up!!! I’ve been waiting sooooo long for this round!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favorites : Cascade 220, Peace Fleece, Kathmandu, Socks That Rock, and Knit Picks WOTA
Least Favorites : acrylic, fun fur, novelty, and cotton. I like cotton, but it’s not my favorite to work with.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have two Lantern Moon cases, but I really need to make the circs holder from Stitch and Bitch, sense I hardly use straight needles, save for my DPNs.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for a couple years now. I learned to knit from Tina, Katie, and Jaya – three wonderful friends that I met while living in NY state. As far as level, I’d say intermediate is a good call. There are still so many things that I want to learn and try.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I love lavender, vanilla, and sandalwood. I’m not big on heavy purfumey smells
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Carmel and chocolate!!! I love Sugar Daddy, Carmello, Milky Way, and Snickers. But seriously, when it comes to sweets, I’ll eat almost anything.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I’m starting to get into sewing, although I need a lot more practice! And no, I don’t spin. I’d love to learn at some point, but right now … it’s one craft at a time.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like classic rock, folk, alternative, blues, and punk. A few of my favorite bands are Gogol Bordello, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Tori Amos, Amy Winehouse, Nina Simone, and The Dropkick Murpheys. And I can handle MP3s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I really love all colors, save for yellow, brown, and bright orange.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my fiance, John (we’re getting married in September!), and our Orange Tabby cat, Mavy.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love scarves and hats! I’m not a mittens fan, but I do LOVE fingerless mitts! And I don’t wear ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and fingerless mitts.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Glee, from Zephyr Style. It’s a great sweater pattern! I’m also working on a few top secret birthday gifts.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I LOVE to get handmade gifts!!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles, expect for socks, in which I love DPNs. I like bamboo for my DPNs, and Bryspun (plastic) or Addi Turbos for my circs.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I have both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have a pair of socks that I got bored with (basic rib) that are at least 4 months old. I’ll finish them at some point, but I’ve got a few others things to work on right now.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Any holiday that I can cook a big meal and have my family over. But if I had to nail it down, it would be a tie. I love Christmas, because I love cooking, baking, and giving. I love Halloween because I get to dress up!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Garden gnomes and chopsticks.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I recently purchased the Aran and Cable book from the new Harmony Guides, and I really want to get the other two books that they have out. I subscribe to Interweave (my favorite!)
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I would love to learn more about joining colors. There’s the slip stitch technique that I hear is cool. Every time I change colors, there is either a gap or a pull, so that is something I want to improve on.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I LOVE to knit me some socks!!! I wear a size 7-7 1/2 women’s shoe, but if you really want my measurements, I’d be happy to take them for you!
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?